Maryland Primary School, Stratford, London
Maryland Primary School is in Stratford, the home of the London Olympics.
Maryland Primary School is a children’s centre which offers a wide range of services to the community. The School is proud of its diversity, with children from 34 countries representing over 60 different languages. This Newham School is one of a handful of schools who hold the prestigious Royal Horticultural 5 Star Award, given for its outdoor environment.
A.C. Preou successfully carried out the Kitchen Refurbishment which included:
- Remove existing pipework, fans, electrics and canopy.
- Install new kitchen equipment, including cookers, dishwasher, work surfaces, etc.
- Install a new ventilation system, including hood, rooftop air handling unit, silencers, grilles and ductwork.
- Install new domestic services and drainage to serve the kitchen equipment.
- Install a completely new electrical system to meet the requirement of the kit.
- Install new gas interlocking system and controls.
- All associated builders work, including new flooring.
- All associated fire stopping to keep the integrity of fire barriers.
The school wanted to reuse some of their existing catering equipment. So we had to carefully remove it and store it safely, to be refitted in the new layout. This was a fast-track project with a strict schedule. A.C. Preou successfully carried out the work during the school’s summer shut down. The school were delighted to have the new kitchen ready to provide hot school dinners when the children returned in September.