Brampton Primary School
Refurbishment of the Main Kitchen and associated boiler room
We were appointed as Principal Contactors to carry out the ‘Refurbishment of the Main Kitchen and associated boiler room’ at Brampton Primary School in Newham.
We successfully carried out the following works:
- R&D survey by a licensed asbestos removal specialist and associated removal of items.
- Stripping out existing gas, heating and domestic services pipework and ventilation systems as required.
- Removal of redundant Kitchen equipment for disposal. Some existing equipment was to be re-used, so was placed into a safe storage area.
- The installation of a Whiterock wall cladding system throughout the Kitchen and Storerooms. All associated builderswork and decorations.
- Modifications to existing mains water, hot water, gas and drainage pipework services.
- Supply and installation of a new boiler, hot water calorifier, pumps, HVAC BMS control panel, wiring and control field devices.
- Supply, installation, testing and commissioning of a new incoming electrical main and distribution board, small power distribution electrical works and lighting throughout.
- The supply, installation, testing and commissioning of new Kitchen equipment, including a new servery counter fitted with stainless steel and glass vertical screens.
- The supply, installation, testing and commissioning of a new Kitchen ventilation system and canopy, with associated gas safety interlock systems.
- Thermal insulation, flushing and dosing, sterilisation, testing and commissioning of all new systems.
Our main challenge was to complete the works on schedule to enable the school community to return following the Summer holiday.
We at A.C. Preou understand the importance of security when working within sensitive areas such as schools. To support the safety and security of pupils, we employ rigorous audits of all the personnel and ensure that all directly employed staff are DBS checked. We take the management of Health and Safety of employees, sub-contractors, teaching staff, pupils and visitors extremely seriously and we are proud of the outstanding record that we have attained.
This project was undertaken and completed within the Covid-19 Pandemic under strict Health & Safety conditions and restrictions. A.C. Preou Ltd complied with all necessary guidelines and provided all necessary PPE throughout.
This project commenced in July and was completed in September in time for the School’s return.